Friday, July 26, 2013

Our week

This week is "Handy Week" here in Florence which is definitely one of the best weeks of the year to us locals. This year has been a little different for us though since Harper is here. We've just had to do more day things and not go out as late. Which these days is fine with us since we go to bed a lot earlier than we used to. It's been so much fun taking Harper to her first Handy events! 

We started the week by walking in the Handy 5k. We only did the 1 mile fun run though because it was miserably hot, even at 8:30 in the morning. Harper sat in her stroller and ate some mangos while we sweated it out in the blazing sun. She even wore her sunglasses for the occasion! 



We also went to dinner, and heard some great bands and are planning on taking her to the parade on Saturday that closes out the events. Also this week I have started sorting through all of Harper's clothes for fall and winter. I wanted to see what we have and what we still need, but mostly I'm just beyond excited for fall and was wanting a little preview of her adorable wardrobe! Last year when i was still pregnant, I got her the cutest poncho on sale at JC Penny's so I had to try it on her to see if it was going to fit for fall. 




I can't wait to see this sweet little nugget in her poncho, leggings and moccasin booties playing in the leaves in a few months! Fall is most definitely my favorite season and I'm sure I will blog about it probably a million times. Until then I'm trying to stay in the summer spirit and not get too far ahead of myself! Maybe a trip to the drive-in or the splash pad is in order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment